TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PRIVACY AND DISCLAIMER
This is the privacy notice of David Wynn of the Quit Smoking Academy. In this document, «we», «our», or «us» refer to David Wynn Fiscal I.D. NIE X0863532N-Quit Smoking Academy referred ro herein as Q.S.A. The registered office is at Calle Rioja 5, Oficina 2,03501, Benidorm, Alicante.
- This is a notice to inform you of the policy about all information that we record about you when you communicate with an enquiry. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we will collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our quit smoking questionnaire immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data where shared by you in email enquiries or questionnaire forms for example will not be used for any purpose unintended by David Wynn/Q.S.A., other than to reply to your enquiry, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Your privacy and confidentially are also a requirement of the professional governing bodies that David Wynn/Q.S.A. is a registrant of. Please note that by sending an enquiry to us via our website and asking for a response from us you will have been considered to opt in to process your data. Your data will be stored in line with current GDPR regulations and will be retained only for a period of time sufficient to deal with your enquiry and any subsequent follow ups for which your permission will be required to hold a record of your data. You may at any time request your data relevant to your enquiry to be destroyed. Please note that if as a result of your enquiry that any further course of action on your part is pursued then there may well be a legitimacy of interest in retaining your data from emails. This will be discussed with you.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with Spanish law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Relevant to your email enquiries, except as set out below we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website .
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information. In the course of Therapy/Teaching or treatment, should there be legitimate concerns of self harm or risk to a minor or other persons then a duty of legal obligation under the code of ethics that we adhere to requires notification and sharing. There are no exceptions. Full information can be obtained by requesting as copy of our terms and conditions
10.Encryption of data sent between us We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar
11.Use of site by children If you are under 18, you may not use our website email enquiry platform or questionnaire. A parent or guardian must start the enquiry.
The therapies and teachings that David Wynn at Q.S.A. offer are ‘complementary therapies’ and no suggestion is made that the service provided is, ‘instead of’, or ‘superior ‘ , to any medical treatment that any client is being treated for by their GP or NHS / private, Health Care Professional.
The Therapy/Teaching offered, are recommended as purely complementary and supportive to assist with the management of any presenting issue that a person may have and also complementary and supportive where they may be under the care of their Doctor or other health care professional.
If a potential client believes they have a presenting issue that may be medical in nature, either physical or mental health related, in the first instance before commencing any consultation you will be asked if you have consulted with your Doctor or other Health care Professional. Depending upon the circumstance, it may be recommended you see your Doctor or health professional first.
In the case of potential clients who are already prescribed a course of medication by their Doctor/ Health Care Professional, you will be advised to continue with your medication and only make alterations upon express consent with your Doctor/Health Care Professional. David Wynn/Q.S.A. does not make a medical diagnosis, neither does he advise on medication. You will always be referred to your Doctor/Health Care Professional.
In almost all circumstances where clients consult with David Wynn/Q.S.A., Permissions will be asked to communicate with your Doctor in order that your medical records can be kept up to date.
You are entitled to opt out, however, if in the case of a refusal for permissions to contact your GP where it is clearly in the best interests of client safety, with certain presenting issues, such as depression, anxiety etc, David Wynn/Q.S.A. will be under no obligation to offer Therapy/Teaching.
It should be noted that the Therapy/Teaching offered do not in any way imply or make claims of a ‘cure’ or to treat health or medical conditions but may be able to help a client to feel better in themselves and manage their presenting issue better as has been the case for numerous clients on David Wynn Q.S.A. Testimonial page.
The Quit Smoking Academy is not a substitute for medical treatment. We do not diagnose any diseases or administer any medication. Everyone reacts differently to hypnosis, results can therefore vary. If you are currently being treated medically, you should not stop treatment without consulting your doctor beforehand.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://quitsmoking.academy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.